Re: Question about the performance of gtk+ in neo1973 mobile phone

On 5/21/07, falls huang <falls huang gmail com> wrote:
Hello All !

    I received a neo1973 mobile phone last week, its Operation System is
linux/openmoko , CPU: s3c2410 , arm920t, 266M HZ. But I found when I start
an application, the speed is very slow than windows mobile/symbian. Has
anyone tuned the performance of GTK+ in neo1973?

Not that I know of. Feel free to post your oprofile reports here so we
can help out.

You may end up finding a similiar bottleneck to what I found on my
Nokia 770 (which is also an ARM9 with similiar mhz):
"g_type_instance_is_a()" regularly showed up at the top of the
profile. The issue was brought up here and several good suggestions
were made:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/performance-list/2007-January/msg00000.html

I don't think any of the suggestions made it into HEAD. So testing
some of them out and working up a patch might be a good first step on
your quest.

Dan Amelang