Re: Login time

El jue, 05-04-2007 a las 00:27 +0300, Xan Lopez escribi�> Great, just today I was thinking we should add notifications for maemo
> when the desktop is fully loaded to get meaningful timings, so I fully
> agree the first step here is to get this done correctly (the boot time
> for 770/N800 is comparatively
> even worse than gnome's IMHO).

Cool!  Please tell us if you find any useful tricks to make this task
easier... in Nautilus I don't really know how to proceed, other than
storing a couple flags in the NautilusDesktop structure:
directory_said_it_finished_loading and got_the_first_expose_event.

> Anyway, moving from the stuff I only care about... I vaguely remember
> someone mentioning nautilus and the panel are handled in a special way
> by gnome-session, is this still so? will the new session code
> (scheduled for 2.20) improve our situation in any way?

Uh, I don't think they are handled specially.  They are just clients
that come from the default session (/usr/share/gnome/default.session).
When they load, they ask the session manager to make them "restart
immediately" if they exit.

> And, 3 seconds where, in your laptop? :)

Yes.  That's the ISO standard reference machine :)

  Federico