Re: Tab switching "feels" slower in epiphany than in firefox

On 24/10/06 at 22:42 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 2006/10/24, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas lucas-nussbaum net>:
> >Hi,
> >
> >What I'm reporting is known as bug #347225. I reported it a few months
> >ago, while using a PCI ATI graphic card in my setup to be able to get dual
> >head to work using my laptop's dockstation.
> >
> >What I reported back then is that switching between tabs in epiphany
> >"felt" a lot slower than in firefox. The problem only appeared when
> >using the 'ati' driver with the PCI card (which can be assumed to be
> >slow, even if it's quite recent). It wasn't noticeable when using the
> >fglrx driver with the laptop's internal video card.
>
> The 'ati' driver has poor or no acceleration for drawing, the fglrx
> driver has poor or adequate acceleration for drawing. I would say it's
> expected for a less accelerated drawing to take longer than more
> accelerated ;)

Actually, my point is:
ephy feels slower than firefox, using the 'ati' driver for both apps.
Using the 'fglrx' driver, the difference is not noticeable.

Thank you for your reply,
--
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas lucas-nussbaum net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas nussbaum fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |