Re: Gtk performance issues from a user's point of view

Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> writes:

> "Bogdan Nicula" <bogdanni hotmail com> writes:
>
> > >81% in the X server - enough said ;)
> >
> > imho, it's almost never the case that the server is to blame.
>
> You are clearly not familar with X server code.

Let me clarify: There is lots of terrible code in the X server and the
drivers; it is dangerous to just assume that X (or the kernel for that
matter) are not responsible for performance problems.

But as you said, finding out what client requests are causing the work
to be done is definitely useful.

Soren