Re: [PATCH] speed up stock icon registration (was: Improving Nautilus startup time)
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- Cc: performance-list gnome org, nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] speed up stock icon registration (was: Improving Nautilus startup time)
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:15:27 -0600
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 12:17 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> The attached patch ensures that we don't hardcode any pixels/icon sizes
> and don't lookup any stock icons during icon registration, but just add
> all the stock icon names we need to the factory. Measuring with a GTimer
> I could reduce the icon registration to rougly 1/4 of the former time,
This patch works pretty well! Thanks, Manny!
Without the patch, register_icons() took 1.58 seconds on a cold run.
With register_icons, it takes 0.58 seconds - you've killed an entire
second from startup :)
We are getting faster and faster now. I guess it would be good for the
patch to go in.
] [Thread Prev