Re: Floating point in pango

Hi;

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 08:13 +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> For the specific problem of profiling on ARM, there is another logical
> conclusion: Just add ARM support to sysprof and be done with
> it. Sysprof works, and that's what matters.

But I think the difference here is, and a point you've very well made,
is sysprof is designed for desktop type hardware - thats not (usually)
ARM. On ARM we *need* features that oprofile gives us like use of
hardware foo to lower overhead and the data collection separation.
Porting sysprof to ARM as to be useful would likely break your original
design goals.

Sysprof does make more sense for your average developer, who just wants
to profile his code with the minimum amount of hassle, but on the
*desktop*. On embedded, where its a different set of constraints,
oprofile currently makes more sense.

Many thanks;

  -- Matthew