Re: GtkPerf data for GTK+ 2.6 vs GTK+ 2.10 vs Maemo-GTK+ 2.6 (on a Nokia 770)

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 00:26 +0300, ext Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 3. Maemo-GTK+ 2.6
> atk-1.10.3-0osso1
> glib-2.8.6-1osso5
> gtk+-2.6.10-1.osso2
> pango-1.8.1-1osso10

The gtk+ version pretty old, we're at 2.6.10-1.osso23 already. (Or was
that a typo?)

> I ran GtkPerf 0.4 first a couple of times with low iteration count for
> each setup to get the libs to memory[1] and then ran it for 1000
> iterations (should be enough for resolution, at least it took ages to
> finish :). All tests used the default builtin theme of GTK+.

I wonder how much the theme engine is affecting the performance here,
and how useful is it to use only one (be it using cairo or or not) when
looking for cairo hotspots.

At least for Maemo using the builtin theme engine makes little sense as
the theme engine is likely to remain bitmap based, and as such have
pretty different impact from cairo.

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <tommi komulainen nokia com>