Re: gdmgreeter CPU usage

I have dug deeper and found that indeed FcFontSort seems to be the
culprit. This function is called twice for each call to
pango_layout_line_get_extents and each call costs about 17 ms.

This accounts for most of the time.

I have also looked at greeter_session_init which is costing me 150 ms.
17 ms is due FcFontSort and 120 ms is due to FcInit.

Padraig