Re: Attempt to measure performance of popping up menus

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 16:15 +0000, Milen Dzhumerov wrote:

> I tried to measure the time spent in popping up menus in Gedit and doing
> the same in Kate. The results are here -
> http://www.1nsp1r3d.co.uk/work/gnome/performance/menubarmenus/. Any
> comments are welcome.

Very interesting.  But what are you measuring?  Is it the time from the
menu being activated, to the popup actually appearing?  Or is it just
the time to run your xte script?

It would be good to run sysprof or some other global profiler while you
run the test.  That will tell you who is chewing all the CPU and will
help us fix the problem.

  Federico