New exmap (shared memory analysis tool) version

Hi,

An updated version of exmap is available at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.berthels/exmap/exmap-0.5.tgz

This fixes some inaccuracies in the 0.4 release and adds byte-level
ELF section and symbol reporting. If anyone wants to try it out, I'd
be very interested in hearing how they get on.

regards,

jb

>From the README:

Summary
-------

Exmap is a tool to allow the real memory usage of a collection of
processes to be examined. A linux kernel loadable module is used to
export information to userspace, which is examined by a perl/gtk
application to build a picture of how pages are shared amongst
processes and their shared libraries.

Section-level information is exposed for ELF files and symbol-level
information is exposed for unstripped ELF files.

NOTE: exmap hasn't received widespread testing as yet (4/11/2005) and
I'd be very interested in hearing of any problems you may have. Please
see the feedback section at the end for my contact details.