Re: Helping on reducing evolution memory usage

> One thing I absolutely loathe, though, is to have to *recompile glib*
> just to be able to run valgrind on GNOME programs.  I'd really prefer to
> set G_DEBUG=gc-friendly and just run my software with that.
>
> To avoid calling getenv() all over the place, I'd like to have a private
> g_ensure_debug() macro and possibly others to access a global
> _g_enable_gc_friendly variable.  This would ensure that we have called
> gmessages.c:_g_debug_init(), so that the debug variables are set.
>
> Thoughts?

Would teaching the tools about the glib allocators help? I don't know
the insides of valgrind at all but I guess it would be easy for
memprof (I'm assuming that there is something like g_malloc/g_free at
the bottom of all the glib allocations).

Or am I missing something?

jb