[pdfmod] Feature Request: Cropping

Firstly, thank you very much indeed for PDFMod!  It's enabled me to move one further step away from using proprietary software to modify PDFs.  I really appreciate that.

I currently use PDFMod to delete pages and pdfcrop to crop them.  The latter software appears to be a perl wrapper around Ghostscript functionality.  I'm wondering if it would be quick and easy to integrate that functionality (of pdfcrop) into PDFMod?  From a non-programmer's viewpoint (i.e. mine) it seems so.

A basic implementation for single page documents would entail:

(a) the user drawing a rectangle over a page displayed in PDFMod
(b) calculating the page margins from that rectangle
(c) calling pdfcrop with those margins as an argument
(d) reloading the cropped version of the original PDF

Seems simple, no?  I suppose the hard part would be calculating the margins from the user-drawn rectangle to correspond to those expected by pdfcrop.

I would help if I could, but only have experience with writing command-line type perl software (and a smattering of C and C++).

I think the user benefit in relation to developer effort ratio of this feature would be huge.  (But I would, wouldn't I? ;-)

Cheers,

John