Re: [pdfmod] Documentation and Mallard

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:07 PM, CaStarCo<castarco gmail com> wrote:
> I've read a lot of translators will stop translating the documentation
> because the gnome team wants to modify almost the documentation to port it
> to Mallard... the Catalan Translatio Team suggested me to not translate more
> documentation until it's written an adapted to Mallard...

That seems like an odd position to take, considering basically none of
GNOME is using Mallard for GNOME 2.28.  From a recent email on d-d-l:

<quote>
> For the record, how many modules are going to use Mallard in 2.28?

It's looking like just Empathy at this point.  We didn't want
to do a full rullout for 2.28.  We just wanted to be able to
bang on things so we can do a smoother transition for 3.0.

That said, we're not opposed to doing a couple more Mallard
documents for 2.28, if people are interested in working on
them.
</quote>

Mallard is great, and probably most documentation will be converted
before 2.30, but it is not being used everywhere yet.

Sandy