Re: Getting public key from .PEM file for ostree sign verify

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 2:42 PM MR ZenWiz via ostree-list
<ostree-list gnome org> wrote:

I have been digging around to find out how to do this, but it appears
all the methods I've seen so far produce text-converted keys.

How do I extract the binary public key from a .pem file so I can use
ostree sign to verify the signature in the commitmeta?

I've never actually used ostree sign, but presumably you just want the
DER encoding of it:

openssl pkey -pubin -outform DER -in key.pem

--
Dan