Re: How to start up

Yes, I have been there.  So far I have not found a description or a
guide on how to create an ostree that contains a whole os.  There are
hints and mentions of git and which OSes use this approach, but I find
it fairly confusing.

Do I need to clone a whole OS source tree and build it?  If so, how do
I put that into an ostree repo?

A long time ago I was using CentOS and I would download the whole
source of the kernel to rebuild it with minor customizations to run
the way I liked it.

I've been fairly far removed from that level of development for a
while (around 14 years) and it doesn't come as easily as I would have
hoped.

Is there really no step-by-step guide on how to put a whole OS into ostree?

If there are pointers in the page you referred me to, they aren't
obvious or easy to locate.  I'll keep reading - seems I need to.  It
still sounds largely Greek to me.

Sorry to bring this kind of obtuseness here.  That's what newbies do,
or I have when a newbie in something this intricate.

I'm hoping there is some kind of ostree-for-dummies guide on using it.
I'm still getting a handle on git....

Thanks!

Mark