Re: Pure rust ostree FUSE implementation

Hi,

Someone rubbed the lamp? :)

https://docs.rs/gvariant/0.3.0/gvariant/

Nice.  Have you compared with https://lib.rs/crates/zvariant ?

For one, zvariant provides you with a familiar serde-based API and it
will support both GVariant and D-Bus formats, which also makes
conversion between both super easy, where needed.

Having said that, GVariant support is currently WIP:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/zeenix/zbus/-/issues/21 . But I'm very
close, just need some time to focus on it for a few days and then
we'll have it.

So, if someone needs GVariant format serialization/deserialization
today, they can either just use gvariant crate or help us out with
finishing the GVariant support. If there is no hurry, I'd strongly
suggest waiting for me to finish my gvariant work. I'm obviously very
biased here. :)

There's probably a better forum for this...it looks like the gtk-rs developers use Matrix.

Correct. There is #rust on the GNOME IRC+matrix where we all hang out.
There is also #zbus for more specific zbus/zvariant questions you may
have.

Happy hacking.

--
Regards,