is it possible to disable the 3-way merge feature?

Hi,

I've often wondered if it is possible to completely disable ostree's 3 way merge feature.

I understand how value this can be for Desktop users however as someone that works on embedded Linux devices, it doesn't provided me much benefit.

I would much rather /etc be slammed to the defaults upon changing to a new ostree commit ( instead of holding on to any previous modifications).

Is there a path available to disable this feature?

Thank you,

Davis