Re: question about /etc and /var when switching between deployments in a given stateroot

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Davis Roman wrote:

So my question is in regards to how /var and /etc/ are treated when
switching between deployments in a given stateroot.
Initially I was thinking that /etc/ and /var/ are persistent and don't
change. My understanding appears to conflict with the documentation. (
I'm referring to the last line of the above paragraph)

Probably the simplest is just to play with the command line on an
existing system a bit.  But the basic answer is that each deployment
has its own copy of /etc.  There's only one /var shared between all of them.