Re: Running an ostree deployment in a container

On 04/27/2018 06:43 PM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Arnaud Rebillout
<arnaud rebillout collabora com> wrote:
Dear OSTree maintainers,

I'm attempting to build a basic Debian Stretch OS with OSTree. I'm using
the scripts from
https://github.com/dbnicholson/deb-ostree-builder/tree/simple-builder.

In a nutshell:
- the script 'deb-ostree-builder' create the base image with multistrap,
then create the ostree repo with 'ostree commit'.
- the script 'create-deployment' is in charge of creating a deployment
in a local directory with 'ostree pull-local' and 'ostree admin deploy'.
Did this actually work? Did you have to make any changes? I've
literally never tried to run the results :)

Almost out of the box yes, I think I had almost nothing to change. Good job!

But notice that I boot that in a container, avoiding the bootloader
question. Life is easier without a bootloader :)

  Arnaud