Re: support for dumping summary file to plain text form

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Dusty Mabe <dusty dustymabe com> wrote:

>> 3 store the summary file in a plain text, but still machine friendly
>>   form (i.e. json or similar) so that all I need to do is "curl" to
>>   see the details of what is in the file.
>
> We can't change the format of the file now.  We could *add* a new one -
> nothing stops anyone from creating summary.json as well and dropping
> it in the repo if it's viewed as convenient.

so would the potential migration strategy be to have the ostree tools
look for summary.json and if not there, look for summary (older style)?

Then we could version the json and make any changes we need to to that
file from there on out?

Why would we want to do that ?
I don't see the advantage of having the summary in json format in the repository that would justify changing the repository format...