Re: Redistributing refs from multiple origins in a single repository

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 23:53 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 12:44 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017, at 08:41 AM, Philip Withnall wrote:
On Wed, 2017-05-31 at 16:30 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

On Sat, May 27, 2017, at 06:53 PM, Philip Withnall wrote:

Let’s introduce the concept of an ‘origin’, which is a
collection
of
related refs, all within the same trust domain.

Let me echo Krzesimir on the "origin" term - we do already have
that for the ostree-as-host case.  How about one of:

 - "uremote" (unique remote)
 - "gu-remote" (globally unique remote)
 - "keybound remote"

I’d rather not use anything including ‘remote’, since that makes
grepping hard. I’d also like to emphasise the fact it’s more of a
location-less group of refs which have been curated by someone
and
are
in the same trust domain.

How about ‘collection’ and ‘collection ID’?

"vendor"?  I often use the term "OS vendor" for the ostree-as-host
case.

To me, it sounds like a ‘vendor’ is someone who would have a
‘collection’ of things. I think I still lean towards ‘collection’.

Last call on the naming front. I’d like to get the branch in shape, and
only want to do a mass-renaming from ‘origin ID’ to something else
*once*.

Currently, I’m going with ‘collection ID’.

Philip