Avahi support

Hi,

I have been thinking about avahi support in OSTree; in a deployment where multiple machines on the same local network use the same tree (or set of trees, in case e.g. they use xdg-app to distribute applications), it would be very convenient if data could be shared across the network without the need to download it from the remote every time. I think that other operating systems have similar functionality (e.g. ChromeOS).

Is there any major architectural roadblock that would prevent this from being implemented?
Would this be an interesting feature for upstream OSTree?

Thanks,
Cosimo