Creating directory on / ?

Due some legacy applications which the path to a writable /rootfs
hardcoded on them, I need to create a link /rootfs pointing to
somewhere else on /var. I tried creating an RPM package which has
/rootfs as an absolute link but once the new installation boots the
link does not exist, due the boot process which mount only some
directories on before chrooting, etc.

Does anyone have any idea about how to do it without needing to change
ostree source code? Something involving dracut?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from my mind