Re: Scalability of OSTree

On Sat, 2015-12-05 at 22:01 -0800, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

Also, Alex, have you given any thought into how you would do paid-for
applications or other things like IAPs in xdg-app, or do you consider
that out-of-scope?

I have not really thought about this. Honestly, it *should* be in the
scope of xdg-app, because i believe making free software monetizable is
very important. However, its just too low on the list for me to have
had spent any time on so far.

It would also be interesting to perhaps see if we could sync up with
the Steam people, since they also have a fairly large production
distribution and update service that supports paid subscriptions, and
they are also interested in xdg-app.

Definately!