Re: Some ostree observations

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer redhat com> wrote:
Do we already have a Bugzilla for this?

Not yet, I started looking at it a bit ago but ran into 'perl(HTTP::Proxy)' not being in RHEL7 nor EPEL7.  But I can backport it myself, starting to do so now.

It's tempting to write a libsoup version ;)

Or maybe I could hack up "ostree trivial-httpd" to be aware of how to *intelligently* corrupt HTTP requests.  Then it'd be easy to integrate with the rest of the OSTree tests.

One more thing: I noticed that "rpm -Va" reports many files as changed because the time stamps are off. This might be confusing.

Yes, all time stamps are 0.  See:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/ostree-list/2013-December/msg00000.html

Maybe patch RPM to ignore timestamps if running on an OSTree system (which nowadays is just stat("/run/ostree-booted", &stbuf) ) ?

Just to summarize the rationale for my decision to not include mtimes: since every file in /usr is immutable, there's no point to recording the time they were last modified, and doing so would devalue the content-addressed storage model