Re: Some ostree observations

On 02/25/2014 08:08 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Hmm, interesting.  Yes, a reproducer would be good.  Can you also
elaborate on "hostile network"?  Did you write custom scripts to target
OSTree content or are you using something generic which just corrupts
generic HTTP requests?

It was a misbehaving custom script.  I'll try to recreate the situation.

Here it is. You need to forward network traffic to it as a transparent proxy and run "ostree admin upgrade", e.g.:

# iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -s 192.168.122.0/24 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128
# iptables -I INPUT -i virbr0 -p tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT

BTW, I just noticed that a no-op "ostree admin upgrade" prints "Refspec (null) is unchanged", which looks like a bug.