Re: Some ostree observatoins

On 02/21/2014 12:49 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
[ Sorry about breaking threading...I accidentally archived your message
and my current mail client apparently takes that to mean "delete
permanently"... ]

I still need to review what is signed by GnuPG and how the hash
chaining works. Unless there is some documentation I've missed, this
will take quite a but of time because I have to reverse-engineer the
data structures from the source code itself.

It's basically:  .commit -> .dirtree [ -> .dirtree ] -> .filez

Where each arrow is a SHA256. And .commitmeta contains signature for
.commit.  Please feel free to shoot me (or the list) a mail anytime if
you have questions about the design.

I see some odd cases where ostree is hashing stuff internally that it has not downloaded from the repository. I haven't yet figured out what is going on.

Having some explicit description of the GVariant data structures would help a lot.