Re: ostbuild on Rawhide

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 21:46 -0400, Michael Hill wrote:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:

BTW that's awesome that the new OE Dylan rebase builds on rawhide too.

On openSUSE it stops dead every time at cyrus-sasl. Is there a
strategy for diagnosing the problem? The log file seems to say the
same thing as the terminal output...

Ugh, sadly it looks like cyrus-sasl is in a dire upstream state, and
Debian/Fedora/etc. have accumulated a lot of divergent non-upstream (and
likely non-reviewed) patches, some of which fix this issue.

I cherry picked a few from Debian and sent them over to the meta-oe
layer which contains cyrus-sasl.  Once they're "upstream" there I'll
pull them down to the gnome-ostree openembedded layer.

I'd love to drop cyrus-sasl as it's only needed by SPICE...