Re: Report from another try of running ostree

On Wed, 2012-12-26 at 20:38 +0100, Giovanni Campagna wrote:

> After that I finally got it to boot - except that there was no GUI.
> Turns out that the yocto kernel is missing the whole drm subsystem,
> meaning that no HW acceleration is possible and X starts in vesa mode
> with the shadow FB (at 1024x768). AFAIK, this is a known problem, and
> Colin is working to prepare a better config for the gnome-ostree
> kernel.

Done:

https://github.com/cgwalters/poky/commit/ce215dffd6e12371adb4bd5e8a943d83a7d4d5d8

Works here when booted on my laptop and in qemu, but likely needs more
refinement.  The kernel config options will be a bit of an ongoing
maintenance burden, but hopefully not too much if we only rebase the
kernel occasionally.