Re: wip/etc-writable

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 12:48 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I finally have a working prototype for a writable /etc:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/ostree/commit/?h=wip/etc-writable&id=120e4fd9e0c411030274920270203560886a9a2d

This is now polished a bit and pushed to master.  It's not bug
free - if you hit this assertion:

ostadmin: Processing config: 5 modified, 0 removed, 0 added
**
ERROR:/src/ostree/src/ostadmin/ot-admin-builtin-deploy.c:210:copy_one_config_file: assertion failed: (path)

Please try to trap it in gdb...I've failed to reproduce reliably here.

I've also reverted a variety of commits to move stuff to /var.
Now /etc/shadow is back in /etc.

My next task is systemd, since we're definitely suffering from the
ConsoleKit fallbacks and general grossness of ginitscripts.