Re: gnomeos/ostbuild fixes

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 17:56 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 22:29 +0200, Carl-Anton Ingmarsson wrote:
> > I've been trying to get gnomeos up and running and found some problems
> > along the way.
> > The attached patches fixes some of them and should hopefully be pretty
> > straight forward.
>
> These all look pretty good, but note I'm hopefully tonight going to
> finish obsoleting the gross ostree-install.sh script with the start of
> the long-rumored proper "ostadmin" command.

Not a rumor anymore... https://live.gnome.org/OSTree/GnomeOS looks a lot
better now.  I actually tested a clean install here, and modulo the
long-outstanding bugs of:

1) Must add rd.plymouth=0 to kernel command line
2) Must change root=UUID= to root=/dev/sda1 (e.g.)

the current build (-devel) actually boots in the shell (again), which is
pretty cool.  Probably the next step is to actually try running ostbuild
from inside the system itself and see how well that works.