Re: build dependencies

On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 11:43 +1100, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 07:22 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > basically
> > just look at DT_NEEDED in binaries, and reverse map to where they come
> > from.
>
> That doesn't account for tool chain dependencies, does it? Lots of
> things need certain tools installed [and, often, built as a part of the
> dependency chain] before they can build; that needs to be specified
> somewhere such that it impacts ordering.

Yeah, true.  I think probably the best thing to do for gnome-ostree is
just add a means to say:

{"src": "gnome:gnome-initial-setup"
 "build-depends": "clutter-gtk"},

{"src": "gnome:libwnck",
 "build-depends": "gtk3"},

That would still be manual, but would allow the system to gain some
parallelism without adding too much "packaging" work.