Re: Support for non-builtin commands

On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 23:15 +0200, Stef Walter wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 06:53 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 16:01 +0200, Stef Walter wrote:
> >> So while waiting for ostree-pull (it's still going :), I put together
> >> this patch so that you can run 'ostree pull' instead of 'ostree-pull'.
> >
> > Oh, that is clever code!  Push please!
>
> Done.
>
> > However the (minor) downside of this is that it doesn't show up when I
> > just type "ostree" to list commands, but git doesn't have that either.
> > Maybe we could just manually add it to the help?
>
> Something like the attached patch? Although the help produced when you
> type 'ostree pull' isn't very helpful. Probably needs to show usage per
> command instead anyway.

Let's leave out switch-root since it's really only intended to be
executed in the initramfs.  run-triggers is really specialized too; it
will write to your host system if run as root; while it's unlikely
to actually break anything, still not good.   I'll add
a guard to make sure it's only executed by ostadmin inside
linux-user-chroot.

So patch looks like a good improvement aside from dropping those two.
Agree we should extract the usage data; I just modeled it on git
originally (minus the whole "git foo --help" -> man git-foo which
maybe we should copy).