Re: [orca-list] Orca screen reader with java swing application

Hi. Artem,
I'm Shadyar a java developer a legally blind computer engineer. I have
experience to design and to develop web and desktop applications that
be accessible too. I myself use screen-reader daily in both Linux and
Windows.
If you're working on a accessible application to read by screen
reader, I strongly recommend use swt instead of Swing. Swing has been
discontinued. If you insist on using a Java product non-native GUI,
you can use java-FX. Take a look these project instead of debug a
swing project because I predict, this isn't the last bug of Swing you
run into it.
SWT provides native light weight component for Windows Linux Mac etc.
It's an open-source mature project.
Java-fx is Oracle's later project after Swing that provides components
that usually accessible by default also have additional accessible
properties.

Shadyar Khodayari

On 9/1/22, Artem Semenov via gnome-accessibility-list