[orca-list] Linux beginner here with lots of questions

Hello,
My name is Jessica.
I've played with Linux for fun before, but never actually got to learn it.
However, I'm a college student now, majoring in Computer Science with a focus on the IT end of things.
My first semester of my sophomore year begins this coming Tuesday, September 6.
I'll be learning Python & Linux.
I found this article that mentions multiple different distros, & wondered which is best for someone like me, who will be completely reliant on Orca.
The article link is:

I'm new to all ofth, so will have plenty of

Thanks,
Jessica
St'm