Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Yes from me on this, I don't know if Discourse canĀ  have the equivalent of a constantly unread sticky topic in the category saying while this in in place, the main method is over at such and such, you will get better support there, sort of thing?

I'm just trying to think of ways to make it clear to people...

That being said I also feel like it should be made clear that the list isn't a part of Debian itself, as well

On 10/20/22 16:32, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Based on this my proposal is we do the following:

1. Set up a list on Debian infrastructure as described below, with
Samuel as the admin (if he'd be so kind).

2. Leave the Discourse thing in place, but put a message somewhere there
pointing to the Debian-hosted mailing list as the primary communication
venue.

Thoughts?
--joanie

On 2022-10-20 17:28, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Joanmarie Diggs, le jeu. 20 oct. 2022 17:12:55 +0200, a ecrit:
Given that the Debian community has an active accessibility
community, of which many folks here are members/participants, any chance
we could create orca-list on the Debian infrastructure? (Samuel?)
I didn't know whether it was possible, it seems it is possible to have
e.g. an orca-list other debian org :

Some existing "other" lists:
https://lists.debian.org/other.html

Samuel