Re: [orca-list] Pitch changes

Odd, I'm using ESpeak, not Voxin, but wonder why some of us are bit by this bug while others don't seem to experience it. Very odd.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2022 at 8:24 AM Vladyslav Kutsenko via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi Nimer,

I can confirm this issue:

Orca from current master: 44.0

speech-dispatcher: 0.11.1

dISTRIBUTION: Ubuntu  22.04

Speech: Voxin IBM TTS 3.3RC6

kIND REGARDS

VLAD

Am 12.10.22 um 01:21 schrieb Nimer Jaber via orca-list:
Hello,

Has anyone seen or found a solution to the increased pitch changes that seemingly happens when using web apps or are in focus mode? Pitch seems to reset to the lower rate when using Browse mode. This is with Chrome and Fedora using Orca from master. I have synth set to ESpeak-NG, language set to En-US. I have tried adjusting settings for formatting, capital pitch change, etc., but still seeing this?

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!