Re: [orca-list] Sound events for Orca

I would really enjoy having sound events to represent most controls and other situations, especially like entering and exiting focus mode. But then those of us who do want that kind of audio representation instead of speech would need a way to turn off the spoken presentations. For example, I don't need to hear a blerp and "OK button" at the same time. Some people may want that, so it could be two separate toggle settings. So if I wanted a blerp and "OK button" at the same time, I could hear that, but I personally would turn off the spoken presentations of the controls so that I would hear the blerp along with "OK" and nothing further. It seems to me that most of this can probably be handled better in the upcoming plugin infrastructure that Chrys is working on, which could most likely greatly simplify most development of both core and add-on functionality.

~Kyle