[orca-list] how accessible is settings in google-chrome?

I'm having trouble with google-chrome settings in orca. to reproduce:
start google-chrome
hit alt-e to bring up the menu
hit shift-s to bring up settings
hit orca-a to get out of focus mode on the search window or just hit
down arrow a couple of times e.g. to privacy (item 3).
then hit return, or simulated left click or just about anything else I
can think of and I get nothing.
this is with orca commit 7fae8e74fa83f from master and both
google-chrome 99.0.4844.51-1 or 101.0.4919.0-1
Am I missing something obvious? If not is there a hack via gsettings
or similar to change behaviour?
thanks in advance
Peter
--
Peter Rayner (he/him), Room 371, Building 200, University of Melbourne
Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>