Re: [orca-list] Problems between orca and brltty

On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 13:50:11 -0400,
Alexander Epaneshnikov wrote:

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 10:59:50AM -0400, John Covici wrote:
Hi.  I am having some problems to get brltty properly interacting with
orca.  I am using the latest brltty from git as of this morning and
the latest orca from git.

The problems I am having is that Brltty does not always read the same
things as orca speech.  For instance, when I first login, orca reads
push button, whereas brltty just says gnome-shell.  When I hit alt-f2
orca reads nothing and brltty just says question mark for each
character.  If I run chromium for instance, brltty does read where it
says search bar, but if I hit shift tab, orca says customize chrome,
but brltty just says a question mark.  And when I close orca, brltty
says window without a name.

hmmm. your symptoms are similar to using a second brltty or xbrlapi
try disabling brltty in x session, and see if orca can actually connect
to brltty.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

hmmm, I am using brltty only on the console and orca just does the
ordinary thing, I am not using brltty in some X console, but orca does
use brlapi to communicate.  I have /etc/brlapi.key set to world
readable.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una