Re: [orca-list] Flatpak

There's probably some necessary magic, yes. I actually built an old CHIRP flatpak years back, but I'm not sure if that's the one they're using. I think flatpaks have to explicitly request access to the accessibility bus. If they don't, the app just doesn't talk to Orca. This *might* have changed but I doubt it due to how security-focused flatpak is.

The solution is/was to set a universal override giving all flatpak apps permissions to use the accessibility bus. In theory I suppose this is still more secure for you since the other sandboxing is still in place. The same is true for other types of overrides--setting Chromium/QT-specific environment variables, for instance. You can also universally inject environment variables into the sandbox as overrides.

I may have given you enough to search for your own solution, but if I haven't then let me know and I can dig up a flatpak config file with the needed overrides. I've got a couple on some old Linux hardware. Might also be worth checking the flatpak manifests to see if they're requesting the accessibility bus permissions, and contributing that change upstream. Sorry I don't remember the specific names--they should be easy enough to find in the docs/override CLI help.