Re: [orca-list] off topic: from time to time my colleagues in MS-TEAMS also hear what is read by the orca

Hello,
I've got a Dell laptop. With internal sound card all system audio plays on the background when using teams, jitsi meet and other apps recording sound from the microphone for some misterious reason.
I've got an USB soundcard to compensate for this. Sometimes sounds are catched by the headset microphone when I have higher volume in the headset, but when it's quiet it's all manageable.
I've got a headset connected through a single 3.5mm jack to the soundcard which features microphone switch. When testing for this breakage I did the following:
* Started a recording app like gnome sound recorder capturing the sound from the headset
* Used the headset microphone switch to turn off the microphone.
* Used screen reader a lot.
* Played back the recording and there were screen reader sounds all the time even while I had the microphone disabled with the headset switch.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 21. 7. 2022 o 4:38 Nimer Jaber via orca-list napísal(a):
Hello,

I've seen issues like this in Windows as well, and believe that it partially may be caused by screen reader audio going into the mic. This is probably more true for open-back headsets.

Thanks.