Re: [orca-list] orca and pdf files

Le 05/07/2022 à 09:29, Roberto Burceni via orca-list a écrit :
Hello all,

I know that this argument was trated many times, but I would like to know which is the situation today. I searched on internet and I did not find any applications that can read pdf in an accessible way.

Acroread is too old to be used with new installations. Atril (ubunto mate) does not seem to work.

Atril should work (and Evince as well, possibly better), but you might need to turn on caret browsing (F7).

Also note that this will only give useful results with PDFs containing proper text, e.g. it won't help reading images embedded inside PDFs. If that's the kind of PDFs you have trouble with, you'll have to use an OCR solution.

Regards,
Colomban