Re: [orca-list] ORKA help

Hello!
I am not an experienced linux user, but here is what I can recommend you.
If you have such oportunity, use ubuntu-mate version of Ubuntu. Mate is the desktop, that is why it's called
like that. It is much easier to use than gnome that comes with Ubuntu standard desktop version, in my
opinion. Here are several things you can start with:
1. After the system is launched, press ctrl+alt+d to go to the desktop. To go to the terminal use ctrl+alt+t.
To open mate menus, press alt+f1. If you want to run an app, you can press alt+f2, start typing it's name and
when you hear it press enter. As far as using Orca, if you're familiar with NVDA for Windows you are good to
go. You should learn how to use flat review, it is the thing you will use always when navigating the
terminal. It works the same as keys 7, 9, 4, 6, 1, 3 work in NVDA, on numpad of course. I recommend you to
turn off the key pronunciation in key echo settings. Also, when using chromium or firefox, remember about
insert+a and insert+z key combinations. First will allow you to switch between focus and browse mode, and
second will turn structural navigation on and off. It can be useful on websites such as Youtube to control
player playback. I think that's enough for beginning.

Best regards,
Vsevolod
https://github.com/sevapopov2