Re: [orca-list] adroid studio and flutter

Just a slight correction from my side, the build and run commands for
android should be:

$ flutter build apk

or

$ flutter build appbundle

for building appbundles.

And simply running:

$ flutter run

for running the app on a connected device.

I apologize for the incorrect information. I didn't use Flutter for a
long time.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 15. 1. 2022 o 23:33 Rastislav Kish napísal(a):
Hi,

as for Flutter, it can be installed through command line.

https://docs.flutter.dev/get-started/install/linux

After doing so, the usage is very simple, the flutter command can handle
everything necessary:

$ flutter upgrade //upgrades Flutter SDK

$ flutter doctor //Checks the development environment

$ flutter create hello_world // creates new project hello_world

$ cd hello_world

$ flutter build android // builds the project for Android

$ flutter run android //runs the project on a connected device

For more usage examples, see the official documentation.

You can use any IDE you want, VS code is probably the most accessible
option on Linux.

As for Android studio, it is accessible like any other Java app. Not
very confortable, but it works.

You just need to set STUDIO_JDK environment variable to the path of your
system JDK i.e. /usr/lib/jvm/default-java on Ubuntu mate 20.04, since
the one packaged with AS is not very cooperative with Linux accessibility.

AS is like on all platforms too slow for development (at least in my
opinion), but you can use it just fine to download Android SDK at the
first launch and generate new projects, which you can later build from
terminal.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 13. 1. 2022 o 1:19 Edhoari Setiyoso via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi,

About a year ago I done some development with flutter in linux. At the
time, Android studio is not accessible in linux.

I was using emacs to get things up and running. You might wanna check
emacs lsp.

A bit tedious though..

Or you can try VSCode.

HtH