Re: [orca-list] Orca issues in Chrome

On 10/8/22 13:29, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:
* I use Gmail in standard view with Orca in Chrome. Any time I open a dynamic email, such as emails generated by Google Docs whenever someone comments on a document, Orca seems to hang, lock up, and in many cases, Chrome crashes. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not a Gmail user, so I haven't experienced this, but I would suggest capturing an Orca debug log when the problem occurs. There's an Orca command that you can assign to a keystroke to enable debugging.

If a Chromium-based browser crashes, it's probably best to obtain a backtrace in Gdb.

I don't know which other distributions support it, but in Arch Linux, the debugging symbols can now be downloaded, as needed, from a server. The coredumpctl gdb command can be used to load the core file into Gdb to obtain a backtrace.