[orca-list] pdftotext help.

Greetings All,

Following up on my earlier question about searching pdf files in
firefox and other browsers, I am now using pdftotext. The results are
generally fine, but I have noticed that pdf's from a certain site that
I use quite often - namely, jstor - seem consistently to be missing
characters. It almost seems as if pdftotext assumes certain margins
that are narrower than the documents', as if a4 horizontal margins are
being assumed rather than letter size. This is just a guess. Has
anyone run across this kind of thing and come up with a solution? I
tried playing with the -x and -y flags, setting them to 0, but the
results are the same.

I realize that this isn't precisely an orca question, but I thank you
for any help.

Hwaen Ch'uqi