Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 11:16 AM
Subject: [orca-list] logging into ubuntu-mate

Hi,
I have a live session of Ubuntu-mate running on the laptop that I'm trying to use for the fetchmail stuff.
Anyway, I'm using SSH to try to get into it so I can try things from the same computer that I'm researching ways to use FetchMail.
This Ubuntu-mate requires no login and no password.
Over SSH login, I've tried no username / password, and I've tried root and nothing, and I've tried ubuntu-mate and either the same for password, or blank.
I've tried combinations of these and it fails to log in via SSH.
I typically do this with Raspberry PIs, so the procedure is right, but is there a trick to doing this on systems with no set password?
The user on that machine is ubuntu-mate
Thanks.

Glenn