Re: [orca-list] Orca accessibility gnome vs MaTe

You basically just sold me on switching to MaTe. I have been trying to decide which would be better for me, but being more light weight and having a more accessible desktop seems exactly what I am looking for. There is only one thing I am concerned about in comparison with gnome. You said the following, “ You can get to
your applications using a shortcut that brings up something similar to
a grid of application buttons, and you can use the arrow keys to select
an application. Similarly, the top bar has an overview window that you
can bring up that will allow you to search for applications”.

Isn’t it possible to have applications launched by pressing art and a number or potentially F1 or F2, etc.? What you described above about navigating the applications is really the only thing that sounds nice about gnome. How exactly is it you can easily navigate your applications on mate besides having the icons on your desktop like you said, or is that the only way to quickly do so?

PS is there a reason you switch the login screento something else? is there some thing that isn’t standard on mate that is lightweight and accessible?

Really appreciate the reply.
Ty.