Re: [orca-list] Building Orca manually, pygobject not found

Hi everyone,

I got it to build after a while of searching. Turns out the package I was missing was called python-gi-dev,
and I also needed to get libgstreamer-1.0-dev, so that autogen.sh was satisfied and flagged everything as
"yes". make and sudo make install then worked nicely, and I have Orca Master running in that ubuntu VM now.

Leaving this here in case anyone else runs into this. The package name was not immediately obvious, and it
took several search attempts until I arrived at the correct answer.

Marco

Marco Zehe <marco marcozehe de> hat am 24.03.2021 11:41 geschrieben:

Hi there!

I am trying to build Orca from source, and am running into a problem with autogen.sh:

checking for pygobject-3.0 >= 3.18... no
configure: error: Package requirements (pygobject-3.0 >= 3.18) were not met:

No package 'pygobject-3.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PYGOBJECT_CFLAGS
and PYGOBJECT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Ubuntu does not find any pygobject-3.0, pygobject3-dev or devel or other thing. pip3 tells me pygobject is
already the current version 3.38 in /usr/lib/dist-packages. So it *is* installed apparently.

How do I go about solving this?

Thanks for any advice!

Marco